BattlePets is a PC game much like Pokemon, where you explore dark caves and haunted castles, battling wild BattlePets and training your own!
When you feel ready, you can challenge one of six evil wizards, in an attempt to free the island of Enchantia!
BattlePets has a sequel, BattlePets: Avalar .
Long before that other monster-training game came out, I had a kooky idea for a one-on-one battling game using magic. Then, my sister and my nephew sat down, drew some cool and interesting monsters, and showed them to me.
I knew instantly that I'd have to make a game using the monsters, and the work I'd done on the previous battling game would form the basis for what became Battlepets.
The hardest things about making this game were the spells (there are a lot, and they had to be all different), and the dungeon story (difficult to design and to test).
- Hours of fun catching, training, and battling cute creatures
- Start out with just one BattlePet, but can catch as many as five at a time
- Great artwork by Marion Robertson
- Six evil wizards
- 30 BattlePets
- 35 Unique magic spells
- Fun sounds
- Built-in help system
- Easy-to-use interface
- Translucency blitting
- Super-fast particle system
- Isometric 3D mazes
- Windows 95/98 DirectX for super-smooth animation
- 640x480, 16-bit color screens
- Family-friendly game for children of all ages!